If you are involved in an employment discrimination lawsuit, Orange County employment law attorney advises what your lawyers should cover during the depositions.
One of the most important elements for both parties, according to Orange County employment law attorney, is collecting evidence whether to establish or refute the legal elements of your case.
The plaintiff’s attorneys would need to establish a case of discrimination. To do this, Orange County employment law lawyer would establish one or more of the following:
- You belong in a protected class because of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, etc.
- You suffered one of the following adverse employment actions: failure to hire, failure to promote, a demotion, a termination, etc.
For example, in a case involving a failure-to-hire, your attorney would have to establish the following:
- You belong to a racial minority.
- You were qualified for a job seeking applicants.
- You applied for that job.
- Despite your qualifications, you were rejected.
- After your rejection, the position was still available and the employer continued to seek candidates with similar qualifications to you.
Orange County employment law attorney knows that the next step would be for the defendant-employer to provide proof of a legitimate, nondiscriminatory excuse for not hiring you.
To counter, your lawyer must prove that the argument of the Defendant-Employer is still just a pretext for discrimination.
For more information regarding what steps you need to take to prove your employment discrimination case, contact an Orange County employment law attorney at Daily Aljian LLP at 949-861-2524.