Your behavior and language will be subject to scrutiny during your initial evaluation. Certain things you say could be seen as red flags and prevent an Orange County business attorney from taking your case. Furthermore, unpleasant personality traits may make your case less appealing, as a jury could be averse to such traits. Although your attorney?s evaluation is always subjective, certain statements are apt to be questioned, including the following:
- ?None of the lawyers I?ve met with will take my case because they are afraid to fight the big company.?
- ?The company is not going to fight back; it will just settle. When upper management learns the situation, they won?t want the publicity.?
- ?I didn?t do anything wrong. Everyone in the company has done the same thing and didn?t get fired.?
- ?My supervisor?s reviews do not reflect on my job performance. He was just out to get me because he didn?t like me.?
- ?My coworkers are scared of losing their jobs, but they will support me and tell the truth under oath.?
- ?I have a great case that?s worth millions.?
- ?I shouldn?t have to pay you anything. My case is so good, you should have to pay all the costs.?
When you first meet with a potential Orange County business attorney, you and your case will be under evaluation and any questionable statements will reflect on your case?s potential. If you are seeking support in an employment case, be sure to remember the tips above. Call 949-861-2524 to speak with the dedicated Orange County business attorneys at Daily Aljian LLP.